Wednesday, July 27, 2005

My Trees

I have a little obsession with trees. I love all things in God's creation, but I love trees most of all. I feel a deep sense of connection and awe when I look at big trees, and I have yet to see the redwoods. I will one day, but I don't know how I'll handle it.

I love the way trees move and I could look up into trees forever and not get used to them. One nickname I've really thought of taking on is "tree shaman". Not that I'm any kind of a healer, I just liked the phrase.

Far from being a healer, today I've been considering more closely just how much of a teacher I am. I'm afraid of being a teacher. I'd rather only teach my own children because public school or college alike would drive me insane with the beaurocracy of it all. I also really enjoy teaching adults. I wonder if there's a market for that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home