Thursday, July 14, 2005

Sand In My Shoes

Dido's "Sand In My Shoes" always puts me in a very reflective, almost romantic mood. It has an amazing power to instantly bring upon me a strong urge to sit down immediatly and write a piece of prose that will stir my emotions ever more deeply.

I'm about to leave the office, but I selected this song especially before I left, and look at me, I'm standing at my desk writing this!

My plants are ready for watering, my daily luggage is packed, all I've left to do is clean my dishes, retrieve my leftovers, and get water for my plants and myself.

Reading "Pride and Prejudice" has put me in a mind of using all sorts of strange language. I keep thinking of things in this deeply complex, romantic way. Maybe this will be good for me - stretch my typical sentance structures. That would be a great benefit to my writing - variation. I certainly don't see much of that!

Tomorrow I should write about my trees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home